Dr. Pramod Kumar Sharma
MD, Fellowship in IVF (Melbourne)
Dr. PK Sharma is a highly qualified and experienced infertility and IVF specialist with lot of international exposure. He has published many papers in national and international journals and shared his knowledge at conferences and symposiums around the world.
- Chaired a session at National Congress on ART in Kolkata (1997)
- Guest Speaker International Congress on Fallopian Tube & Hysterectomy in Mumbai (1998)
- Attended 16th, 17th, 18th, 25th, 26th, 27th, European Society for Human Reproduction & Embryology conference in various parts of the world.
- Guest Speaker – Fertility and Sterility Society of Bangladesh (FSSB) in Dhaka (2009)
- Invited as Guest Speaker at Mumbai by Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction Bengal in Collaboration with Bengal Obstetrics and Gynecology Society (2013)
Other achievements of Dr. PK Sharma
- Conducted several workshops in numerous remote areas of the north eastern region
- Conducted an Indo-Australian workshop at Jorhat in collaboration with Prof. Peter Maher in 1997
- The first baby through the method of Frozen Blastocyst Transfer was born in 2009, under Dr. Sharma.
Awards & recognitions
One of his remarkable papers was “Post-surgical intra uterine adhesions-at second look Hysteroscopy” was accepted by the selectors for presentation at Global Congress on Endoscopic Surgery at San Francisco, USA, in November 2001.
Researches by Dr. PK Sharma
- Association of Oxidative Stress Biomarkers and Antioxidant Enzymatic Activity in Male Infertility of North-East India
- Microdeletions in the Y-chromosome of infertile males with Azoospermia, Oligozoospermia and Asthenozoospermia from Assam, India
- Prevalence of Azoospermia Factor (AZF) Deletions in Idiopathic Infertile Males in North-East India