Dr. Panayota Zarmakoupi, Infertility IVF Specialist, Dubai
Dr. Panayota Zarmakoupi is a highly qualified and experienced Ob/Gyn & Reproductive Endocrinology and IVF infertility specialist. She leads the Medcare Fertility Center in Dubai.
Dr. Zarmakoupi has been conferred numerous honorary posts and has published many papers in national and international journals. She has shared her knowledge at conferences and symposiums around the world. She has also been conferred with many awards. Dr. Zarmakoupi is also the member of several reputed medical associations and organizations.
- Medical Director and CEO: Kentucky Center for Reproductive Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky, USA 1995-2009
- Medical Director: Shore Gynecology, University of Maryland Shore Medical Center, Easton, Maryland 2009-2013
- Consultant, OB/GYN and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility / IVF: Tawam Hospital in affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine 2013-2015
- Consultant, OB/GYN and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility / IVF: Fakih IVF: 2015-2016
- HAAD license and DHA license
- USA Board Certified
- Greek/European Union Board Certified
- Unrestricted license in the USA in the State of Kentucky and the State of Pennsylvania
- Residency: OB/GYN: State University of New York at Stony Brook, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA 1989-1993
- Chief Resident: OB/GYN: State University of New York at Stony Brook, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA 1992-1993
- Qualification in training in laser laparoscopy and minimally invasive surgery, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA 1990-1993
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA 1993-1995
- Clinical Instructor, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA: 1993-1995
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky 1996-1999
PhD Thesis, University of South Florida : “Inhibition of endometrial stromal cells by Interleukin 6”
- Author of 45 manuscripts in peer reviewed journals and 101 abstracts in national and international conferences.
- Sole Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship graduate for the state of Florida in 1995 and one of 45 throughout the United States.
- First physician to establish a pregnancy using testicular sperm in the state of Kentucky.
- First physician to introduce Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) for genetic screening of embryos and family balancing in the state of Kentucky
- “ARETAEUS” prize “Laparoscopic treatment of ectopic pregnancy”
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Founding member of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maryland Medical Association
- Kentucky Medical Association
- Athens Medical association, Athens, Greece
- Contract Expert Consultant with HAAD as examiner for licensing of incoming Reproductive Endocrinologists